June 20, 2005

What Will I Learn Next?

We can add something else to the list of things I know nothing about. Some expert I am turning out to be. First, it was the World Games, and now I am shocked to find out that millions of people around the world celebrate June 23 as Olympic Day. And this is really a worldwide phenomenon; even the UN gets into the act.

I think it's fairly safe to say that Olympic Day is not widely marked in North America, although Canada was one of the original participants. In 2004, the COC and McDonald's sponsored Olympic Day runs at nine elementary schools across the country. That's nine schools times one kilometre, in case you are scoring at home.

Now I've mentioned McDonald's in two consecutive posts. I wonder if I could work out some kind of sponsorship agreement …

No comments: